Lyman Museum Garden Tours
The Lyman Museum in Hilo - starting point for the East Hawaii Garden Tours - is only 30 minutes from Hale Moana Bed & Breakfast:
|Coconut Palm Tree|
|Pineapples, Lilikoi, Starfruit, Avocado, |
Poha Berries, Carrots, Papayas....
Join the excursions for one or more of these exceptional learning experiences:
* Saturday, February 4: The Garden as Provider I
* Saturday, March 17: The Garden as Provider II
* Saturday, April 14: The Garden as Teacher
* Saturday, May 19: The Garden as Healer
* Saturday, June 16: The Garden as Paradise
Dr. Judith Kirkendall and Leslie Lang will lead the excursions. Kirkendall is an anthropologist who specializes in the anthropology of food. Lang, author of “Exploring Historic Hilo” and co-author of “Mauna Kea,” has a master’s degree in cultural anthropology with a focus on Hawai‘i and the Pacific.
To register, please call the Museum at 935-5021.