Stay at Hale Moana Bed & Breakfast and visit Hilo and the Merrie Monarch Hula Festival, - only 30 minutes away:
- Hawaiian Invitational Arts & Crafts Fair: 8:30AM to 5PM - Afook-Chinen Civic Auditorium
- Native Hawaiian Art Exhibit: 10AM to 6PM - Merrie Monarch Festival Office
- Merrie Monarch Royal Parade : starting at 10:30AM in downtown Hilo. Here are some pictures from previous Parades in 2009 and 2008 to get an idea of what it is like.
- Hula Free Demonstration : Halau O Mailelaulani, Maile Canario - Noon Civic Auditorium
- Group Hula 'Auana Competition: 6PM Edith Kanaka'ole Multipurpose Stadium - tickets needed. Televised and live stream over the internet by KFVE.